Monday, March 14, 2011

School is lame. X.x / Low-fat chocolate!

So, I was going to start my paper about two hours ago...

I have a feeling that this blog is going to be the ultimate procrastination tool for me.  Spring break just ended, and yeah, I'm not all that motivated at the moment, haha.  Am I ever?

The international foods section at Meijer is pretty much the shit.  Look what I found yesterday in the German section!



It's like Hershey's Hugs.  In a jar.  SOMEBODY PINCH ME.  But that little jar was five freaking dollars, so I didn't buy it.  =(  Wish they had smaller jars...

[And yes, this stuff is lacto-vedge.  For future reference, everything I feature on this blog will be either lacto-vedge or vegan ;) ]

Speaking of sweet stuff, I would give my right arm for some chocolate right now (I'm a lefty, so it's all good!  Pahaha).  A few weeks ago, I decided to embark on a quest for low-fat chocolate.  See, I had just eaten nearly an entire batch of brownie batter (oven, schmoven) the previous night (I blame midterms, and the ridiculous amount of stress that preceded them), and, although I wanted more chocolate, I was feeling rather...blob-like.  Heh heh.  I'm not trying to lose weight or anything, just looking for a healthier alternative to satisfy my chocolate-related needs.  ;D

This recipe is so easy, it's not even funny.  Of course, the dates give the spread a fruity aftertaste, but this stuff is definitely capable of satisfying  a chocolate craving.  Especially if you use as much cocoa powder as I did.  X)

Dates make for an awesome natural sweetener, and they're also pretty handy if you need to up your fiber intake.

Dark Chocolate Butter

You'll need:
1 cup of chopped dates, soaked in water
...Aaand as much cocoa powder as your heart desires!  I used three tbsp of dark cocoa powder.

Spread it on toast or shortbread, eat it with fruit...or be like me and just grab a spoon, haha.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment