Sunday, March 20, 2011

Move over, peanut butter.

Short-ish post today -- I have a workout to do and homework on which to start.  If you will remember (I like to pretend that people actually read my blog on a regular basis, lawllawllawl), I was talking about a certain nut butter yesterday that I intended to transform into fondue.  However, it was soooo ridiculously tasty that, between the roomie and I, it was gone in about two hours (long before the party started).  Heh heh...anyhoo, here it is!

 CRACK BUTTER
(because um...it's good on crackers?  Right?)
(Chocolate-Caramel-Cashew Butter)
You will need!

1 container of Planters salted cashews -- the salt really does add a unique contrast to the flavors
1/4 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup caramel


Put the nuts, oil, and cocoa powder into your food processor and blend until smooth.  Then, microwave your caramel until it's um...pour-able?  Maybe 10-15 seconds?  Pour cashew butter into a microwave-safe dish and drizzle caramel over top.  Stir.  You may even want to microwave the finished product 10-15 seconds longer, so it takes on a smoother, more fondue-like consistency.  Or you can just let it solidify a bit and use it as a spread.  Or freeze it and make Chocolate-Caramel-Cashew "Fudge."  Or...just grab a spoon and enjoy it as is.  ;)


Off to the gym now.  I don't have any delicious, food-related photos for you today; however, this is what I will feel like (...but hopefully not look like) in an hour or so, after I've exercised, showered, and gotten my shit together for the day:



;D

No comments:

Post a Comment