Monday, March 21, 2011

Noodle overload.

That's what I experienced last night, after trying to cook rice noodles for the first time.  I was not aware that a) They take like, two minutes to cook, and b) they are very, very absorbent.  I was trying to make pseudo-Ramen (ie vegetarian "Ramen").  Instead, I ended up with a ridiculously large lump of soggy noodles (seriously...those things sure do expand after water is added).  X_x  Good thing I was ridiculously hungry last night.

 This was my midnight snack.  Half of it was, anyhoo. 
[That measuring cup holds eight cups...yeah....]
My appetite tends to fluctuate between extremes. Sometimes, I'm barely hungry for days on end.  Yet, just as often, I'm perma-starving to the point where...well, it's kinda embarrassing.  X)


The noodles actually weren't that bad.  They just weren't what I was aiming for, haha.  Once I perfect my fake Ramen recipe, I'll let you all know! 

[Even though I've been in college for several years, I have yet to touch a bowl of Ramen.  I feel so deprived!  Haha, I kid...]

Since I don't feel like posting yet another nut butter recipe today, I'm gonna tell you all about all the weird things I do with cottage cheese.  [Is that a fair enough compromise?  Heh]  Yeah...I have the strangest food obsessions, huh?  I can go through a 24 oz container of the stuff in two or three days.  I think it's amazing plain; however, more often than not, I dress it up a bit.

Cottage cheese is one of those foods that can easily hold onto a variety of different flavors -- sweet, savory, spicy, etc.  If I'm in the mood for something sweet, I'll mix it with cinnamon sugar or a sugar / cocoa powder mixture.  Yes, it looks hella nasty, but man, does it ever taste good.  However, my favorite seasonings are a savory mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and cilantro.  It's uber-filling, as well as uber-flavorful...yet not too strong / spicy (I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to spicy stuff!). 

FYI -- In addition to being a good source of calcium, cottage cheese has a crazy amount of protein in it.

SuperSavory Cottage Cheese

You'll need:
1 cup cottage cheese (I use either fat free or 1%; the other kinds are just too slimy for me)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp cilantro

Mix it all together, and...well, that's all, folks!  Really good with raw vedgies.

PS -- No picture today.  It's not the most aesthetically-appealing food out there.  X)

No comments:

Post a Comment