Sunday, August 7, 2011

No earth-shatteringly delicious inspiration, as of late.

For me, inspiration usually comes in streaks.  For example, there will be a week where I'll come up with about 25 recipe ideas, manage to make about ten of them, and then have to restrain myself from blogging about all of them at once!  And then...there will be entire months when I will have no ideas whatsoever.  This is looking like one of those months.  Egh.

But!  Check out the adorable storage containers Lisa gave me for my birthday a few weeks ago!  <3

(That black, blob-like thing off to the side is just a cherry pit, FYI.  And that white stuff is cottage cheese.  I think I have the least photogenic diet out of everyone I know...)

She gave me some Hello Kitty plates and bowls as well.  To go with my Hello Kitty toaster...um, yeah, I'm totally not 22 years old!  /facepalm  HK, along with Fruits' Basket, lolcats, and many other mindlessly cute things, is one of my guilty pleasures.  I may be getting older, but I certainly don't plan on getting boring!

Oh, and I did try making a spicy version of my savory oatmeal  the other day.  I cooked the oatmeal with 1/4 tsp of salt, and then added a dash of pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1 tsp cilantro.  Topped it with tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions sauteed in olive oil.  If you a) like the sound of the original recipe (the one I just linked), and b) are a fan of cumin, you're bound to be a fan of this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment