Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shira-what? Part II

At first, I felt really bad for neglecting this blog for so long, but then I realized that practically no one reads it anyway, so whatevs!  *Shrugs*

Last week was essentially Hell Week for me (this week is finals week, which isn't much better).  I had to put together my Creative Writing portfolio (twenty pages), revise my plan book for my public relations class (50 pages), study for the oral exam in la clase de español, revise my final paper for yet another writing class ("Writing with Style"), and type up my final article for my journalism class.  In addition to the school-related chaos, I also had to contact all three of my places of work (the job fairy was most definitely on my side this spring!) and try my damndest to put together a schedule that does not, at any point during the week, require me to be at two or more places at once.  Whew!

By the way, the aforementioned schedule still hasn't materialized, but it's getting there.

Easter was simply eggcellent, if I do say so myself (See that?  I just made a pun!  You're supposed to laugh, silly!).  It was beautiful outside -- mostly sunny, high 50s, and a bit of  a breeze -- so I decided to go on my first outdoor run of the year. 

My shins are absolutely killing me right now.

 See, I've been on a treadmill all winter / spring, and my neighborhood is quite hilly...not to mention the fact that I ran more than twice as long as I usually do, simply because I didn't want to go inside...so yeah, I'm kinda hobbling right now.  But it was worth it.

My mother made the most amaaaazing salad for Easter dinner (I'm kinda glad I liked it so much, because it was the only dish I could / wanted to eat, aside from what I made)!  It consisted of blanched asparagus, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and plenty of balsamic vinaigrette.  I had a huge plate of that, as well as a few of these:

Choco-Carrot Easter Muffins






Or, as Jim Gaffigan would say, bald cupcakes.  Tehe.  They were a tad healthier than cupcakes, though.  This recipe was actually based on a recipe created by my favorite food blogger in the world, who I will introduce to you (as well as my version of the recipe) next time!

Anyhoo, I have two more days of finals, two days to clean the apartment, and then I'm moving home for the summer.  ^_^

Oh hai -- remember the shirataki noodles from my last post?

I didn't end up doing anything particularly creative with them, pahaha.  Just sauteed them in some olive oil with some broccoli and onionsHowever, I was glad to see that they retained their chewy texture, so I definitely plan on using them in stir-fry again.

Gotta love Rubbermaid containers.  I've actually been eating out of them all semester -- would you believe that yours truly, out of all people, forgot to bring dishes to school?  Heh heh...

I just need some chopsticks now...

PS -- Are any of you tea-lovers, by chance?  I have a very healthy appreciation for tea -- it's probably flowing through my veins as we speak!  Well...we aren't really speaking, but you get the idea, right?  My friend and I got together for tea and a movie a few days before Easter, and she had some of that tea that comes with a dried flower -- a dried flower that "blooms" as soon as it's immersed in hot water.  'Twas bloody gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. I love those flowers—have no idea what they're called though. Reading your blog makes me want to start one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're called "blooming tea"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kind of tea is my favorite. ^.^

    ReplyDelete