Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home for good. Thank goodness. [Oh, and remember those muffins?]

I moved back home for the summer last Friday.  Despite how relieving it is to be out of school, the general level of chaos in my life hasn't gone down all that much.  Spent the weekend unpacking and rearranging my room -- my mother just finished redoing it, and the walls are now a delightfully spring-y shade of green.  Oh, and I have pastel green/blue paisley bedding to match, as well.  I love it. 

Yes, that would be my teddy bear; ya gotta problem with that?  ;)  

Frames around posters = insta-classiness. 
I started my internship on Monday, job numero uno on Tuesday, and job numero dos yesterday.  Yeah, I'll be just a tad busy this summer...seriously doubt I'd be able to have a social life, even if I particularly wanted one.

[In case you haven't guessed already, I'm kind of a loser, and tend to spend most of my time in front of my computer, in the kitchen, or engrossed in a novel.  I like sci-fi /nerd]

...Oh yeah, this blog is supposed to be about food, right?


These were the muffins / cupcakes-sans-frosting I baked on Easter.  I used a recipe from this chica's blog.


...Only I tweaked it a little bit.  Ended up omitting the applesauce (since we didn't have any) and the Ener-G (I have searched HIGH AND LOW for this stuff, but to no avail!  Sadface).  For an egg subtitute (and, in a way, to substitute the applesauce), I used mashed banana.  Oh, and then I completely de-veganized the batter by dumping in close to half a bag of M&Ms.  ;)  

Anyway, I definitely recommend that you check out CCK's blog.  She has soooo many amazing (and original) vegan / rawist recipes.  Oh, and most of them involve chocolate.  Need I say more?  ^_^

So, I want to work on some spring-y / summer-y recipes, now that the snow is officially gone (well, I sure as heck hope it is -- here in MI, anything can happen during this time of the year.  By the way, I just knocked on wood.  As if rapping my knuckles on my nightstand will influence Mother Nature's decisions...hah).  Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment