Saturday, September 10, 2011

Non-sugar-coated recipe numero dos.

As you can see, I haven't been inspired to update for quite some time now.  Had a lot of things on my mind as of late.  Things that pertain to my future, as well as the future of this blog.  I'll let you all (hah -- I'm saying this as if I had actual readers!  Har har...) know what's going on once I have some answers.

In the meantime, here's something chocolatey to keep you busy.  =)

I've always been a huge fan of hot cocoa (well, I'm a fan of anything involving chocolate!); however, what I really like is hot cocoa that is so dark and so strong that you can really taste the bitterness of the chocolate.  Therefore, most brands of hot cocoa disappoint me -- they're all about 90% sugar!

I made this yesterday to satisfy a chocolate craving.  You can most definitely sweeten it if you so desire, but I just drank it straight-up.  I thought that the almond milk added a unique hint of sweetness to it.


Hot Cocoa!
You'll need:


8 oz almond milk
1 scant tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (you would not believe how much of this I go through on a daily basis)
Dash cinnamon


Nuke almond milk and add remaining ingredients.  If it's too bitter for you to handle, go ahead and add your sweetener of choice.  Wuss.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Edge of the Vedge...yummy
    (said in the red robin jingle tune)

    ReplyDelete