Sunday, March 13, 2011

If it were a food...it would be my favorite. ^.^

You don't know how many times I've been tempted to bring up peanut butter when discussing my favorite foods.  Unfortunately, most people aren't like me.  Most people consider peanut butter a condiment, rather than a food.  Sadface.

Peanut butter is most definitely a food in my world.  ;)  In fact, I can't remember the last time I actually had it on anything -- anything other than a spoon, that is!

I'm a big fan of gourmet peanut butter.  I mean, a big blob of plain old Jif is always yummy; however, after eating it on a daily basis for yearsandyearsandyears, I wanted to branch out a bit!  This is my favorite brand of gourmet peanut butter...





[Waitwhat?  They make maple PB as well??  How come no one told me about this??]

...Anyhoo, I think I've tried every flavor except for maple.  They're all pretty much amaaaazing, but the white chocolate would have to be my favorite.  Ever try one of those white chocolate Reeces?  Yeah.  It's like that.  Only better.  ;) 

This stuff is a bit pricey, though.  But hey, if you have a food processor, you can make your own!

PS:  In addition to being a great source of protein, peanut butter is also one of the best sources of unsaturated fat around.  It's also low in sugar, so it makes for a tasty dessert if you're trying to avoid processed, sugary stuff, etc.



This is actually a batch of mocha peanut butter I made a few weeks ago.  I used three tbsp dark cocoa powder and one tbsp instant coffee.

I made two batches of PB for a party I had the other night.  I like my PB rather soupy, so we ended up dipping pretzels and apple slices in it.  Nom.  If this stuff looks too soupy for you, just store it in the fridge, or use a bit less oil.

Okai gais!
You will need:
2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
1/4 cup peanut oil

And now for the good stuff!
-- For sweeter PB, go ahead and add sugar.  I've found that 1/4 cup works best with this recipe.  Also, if you use powdered sugar, the PB will turn out a bit less gritty.
-- Add a scant tbsp of cinnamon for some spicy undertones.  :p
-- For chocolate peanut butter, add three tbsp of cocoa powder.  Dark cocoa powder is pretty rad.  ;)

Directions:  Simply load everything into your food processor and blend until smooth!

Oh, and let me know if you come up with any other interesting PB add-ons!

No comments:

Post a Comment