Monday, June 20, 2011

A little bit of maple butter...definitely does *not* go a long way.

This is going to be a very brief post, since I have to get ready for work soon.  I work all day for the next four days, but then I get another three-day weekend.  Yayzers.

My family went out to one of my dad's favorite restaurants -- this really neat little Cajun place -- last night to celebrate Fathers' Day.  I had a salad with pickled carrots, black-eyed pea relish, and okra -- yum!  Okra is kinda funny, though.  It tastes great, yet it just has the slimiest texture.  So I can see why some people don't like it!

Afterward, I really, really wanted some kind of...nut butter (not necessarily peanut butter.  Dare to be different), but I didn't want to make a great big batch.  Decided on maple-pecan butter.  I made a batch about half the size of what I normally make, and it turned out great!  Perfect size for one person.  It'd be really good with apples, but I just ate it straight-up.  Of course.  ;D  Finished it in about five minutes.

Maple-Pecan Butter

You'll need:
1/2 cup pecans (try toasting them!)
1/8 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/8 cup REAL maple syrup

Grind up pecans in food processor, then add oil and blend until smooth.  Then blend in maple syrup.

Um, yeah...trust me, it tastes a lot better than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment